Credit Controller & Cash Analyst
Job Title: Credit Controller & Cash Analyst
Reports to: Commercial Financial Controller
Location: Sandhurst HQ, Surrey
Shift pattern: 40 Hours Monday – Friday
Package: £30,000 - £40,000 Depending upon experience
25 Days holiday per annum (excluding Public Holidays)
On site car parking
This is an opportunity to shape the Accounts Receivable function for the future, along with providing insightful analysis on cash flow forecasts for an Entrepreneurial-led SME business. The business has ambitious plans for optimisation and is setting itself up for an exciting growth strategy.
The role will be a crucial enabler for business decision making for both the Finance Director and the leadership team. With strong experience in credit control and accounts receivable, the individual will drive cash improvements and provide insightful analysis.
Possessing strong communication skills, an eye for detail and effective relationship management, the Credit Controller & Cash Analyst will be a vital member of both the finance team and wider group.
• Understand client billing agreements for all businesses.
• Manage new client setup in partnership with Commercial Financial Controller.
• In partnership with Operations, raise SAGE, Quikbooks and Xero billing for all businesses within the group.
• Post all client payments and credit notes on SAGE, Quikbooks and Xero.
• Work with Finance Director, Commercial Financial Controller and Operations to build fixed order workbook.
• Review the WIP with Operations, identifying all opportunities for both existing billing and all 'Out of Scope' / 'Contract Variations' which require billing.
• Partner with operations to track all contract variations.
• Work with the Finance Director, Commercial Financial Controller and Operations to report the WIP. This will include developing internal KPI’s with regards to billing.
• In partnership with Change Management, continually review the Order to Cash process and challenge.
• Run Aged Debt reports and send client statements of account.
• Chase overdue debts by phone, email and letters.
• Review client payment trends, continuously reviewing client payment trends. This includes leading periodic client credit reviews and liquidity.
• Review payment terms, including familiarising general knowledge
• Build relationships with client contacts to influence and improve payment patterns.
• Review all client retention billings and due dates for funds to be collected.
CASH ANALYSIS AND REPORTING
• Lead daily bank reconciliations, posting all journals into SAGE, Quikbooks and Xero.
• Produce daily Cash Position and summary reports to the leadership team.
• Lead production of forecasted cash flow reports in partnership with Accounts Payable lead, Commercial Finance Controller and Finance Business Partner.
• Attend cash flow forecast report review meetings with Finance Director.
• Develop and produce cash flow dashboards, KPI’s and other AR / Credit Control trend reports for leadership team.
• Contribute and provide input for working capital and MI reports.
• Partner with Accounts Payable lead to allocate correct costs to sales invoices.
• Work with Finance Director, Commercial Finance Controller and other teams on Ad Hoc requests.
EDUCATION LEVEL & QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of double entry in accounting system
• Excellent spoken and written English language
• ICM / MICM
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word, ppt etc.)
• Strong Excel / financial modelling and analysis experience
• Ability to identify and implement best practices
• Experience with SAGE
• BI tools experience
• Attention to detail
• A high degree of integrity and ability to constructively challenge
• Ability to build strong client relationships
• Self-motivated and able to work both as part of a team and on an individual basis
• Ability to manage and prioritise workload and time
• Confident use of all communication channels including phone calls, email and letters
Interested? Come and join our team! Send us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the role description may change in line with the operational requirements of the business or the line manager. In addition, its contents are not intended to be exhaustive. Freidman is an equal opportunities employer.