A new instruction for Freidman FM
20th February 2020
Freidman FM has been awarded a contract to deliver planned preventative maintenance, caretaking and security services for a large academy, further strengthening its presence in the education sector.
Freidman FM, the niche, facilities management service provider has been awarded a contract to deliver Planned Preventative Maintenance, Caretaking and Security Services for a large Academy covering a Primary and a Secondary school located on the same site in Berkshire.
The Academy were looking for a Contractor who would deliver a high standard of FM services across the Academy. Whilst ensuring the safety of their pupils is top priority, the Academy were also looking to improve services and reduce costs whilst ensuring statutory compliance.
Our in house Site Manager and caretaking team, supported by our mobile technical specialists and specialist sub-contractors deliver Planned Preventative Maintenance services in accordance with SFG 20 for the following:
• All mechanical, electrical, heating and water systems
• Building management system (BMS)
• Fire detection, firefighting and sprinkler systems including fire safety drills
• High voltage (HV) & switchgear maintenance
• Internal & external building fabric
• Lifts, hoists & conveyance systems
• Reactive systems maintenance
• Biomass boiler cleaning
• Security, access & intruder systems (including site security)
• Standby power system maintenance
• Kitchen extract hood maintenance and cleaning
• Kitchen ducting maintenance and deep cleaning
• Ventilation & air conditioning systems
• Electrical (fixed wire and portable appliance) testing
• Plumbing and drainage
• Gas safety inspection and LEV testing (including specialist science/art/DT/food tech equipment)
• Statutory inspections
These services are managed through our Help desk with a 24 hour emergency response service. We also deliver handyman services, water treatments services, moves & space management, pest control, keyholder services, gritting and snow clearance and delivery management. Freidman also supports the Academy’s Lettings service to provide an efficient and timely FM Service to out-of-hours users of the school.